PYRENEES 2018_Part 1_ARRIVAL

This Summer, myself and Gintaras had a fantastic time in the French Pyrenees. We arrived to France on the third week of June, and we spent about 3 weeks walking and hiking at some stages of the GR10 trail.
GR10 is a classic long distance hiking trail, that runs the length of the Pyrenees Mountains. It roughly parallels the French – Spanish border on the French side. We started our walking route from Etsaut and finished it at Seix. We spent three long weeks hiking over 300 km across one of Europe’s longest mountain ranges and found great adventure on this trip of a life time.

After our return from Pyrenees, I decided to share my visual diary that I recorded with my camera during this journey. All photographs I separated into 5 stages:
              Part 1 'Arrival'
              Part 2 'Start'
              Part 3 'Short Break'
              Part 4 'Hiking'
              and  Part 5 'Cities'.

Why do I hike? Why do I adventure? The answer is simple: I want to live a happier life. Research indicates that hiking adventures keep you mentally sharp. There are several physical health benefits to adventure travel, mental wellness and adventure travel can enlighten your soul! And, the most important, adventure travel feeds your dreams and builds your confidence. Each time I go, I find myself changing. 

The thing I love about the wilderness is that everything is what it is. There are no hidden meanings, no false, no rush hours, only nature, my dear partner and me. And, if the unexpected thunderstorm comes rolling through, I know that I can rely only on us as we are a really great team! Amazing experience!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." [Helen Keller, The Open Door]



Above the clouds
Bayonne
Pau
Bayonne Cathedral
Bayonne Cathedral
Bayonne Cathedral
Bayonne Cathedral
Bayonne 
Pau
Pau
Pau
Pau train station in the early morning
On the way to Etsaut




Comments